Life on the vine

I comment on wines, and the industry. I believe that you can enjoy good wine, sometimes even great wine, without spending a fortune.

Friday, January 20, 2006

It's a wine party in ATL

In 2005, at the last minute, I learned of the inaugural Atlanta Fine Wine Festival.
I was in the city at a barbershop I frequent. As I was waiting, I picked up the local paper and saw a little item in the entertainment section: Atlanta Fine Wine festival today, it said in relevant part.
Doggone. I wasn't prepared, I told myself initially. Then I asked: Which do you really want to do -- wait for an hour or two and get a haircut or sample some of the finest wines in the world?
It was a no-brainer. I caught only half of the festival, but it was worth it.
Well, you know what's coming next -- a pitch for you to attend, if you can.
The second event is this Feb. 25, from 2-6 p.m. That's a Saturday, so you should be able to make it. It's expensive: Tickets are $100 beforehand, $120 at the door.
It's worth it. Lots of good wine to sample, some pretty good food -- and you get to hang around fellow wine geeks for a couple of hours.
It will be at the Mason Murer Gallery of Fine Art, 199 Armour Dr., NE, in Atlanta. Call 404-520-3113 for complete information or go to www.localwineevents.com for even more information about the festival and many others around the country this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home